Friday, March 24, 2006

Tower of London

Hello all!

Ok, so, the name 'tower of london' is really a bit misleading because it's a whole bunch of separate towers and the large tower in the middle of the square shaped grounds is called 'white tower'. White tower is actually white because its limestone and has been whitewashed over the centuries, originally it was some other colour (probably grey) but changed to white some long time ago back when.

Here's White tower.



Some of the Exhibition in White tower.



One of the other towers has the crown jewels in it, so yes i got to see it and a whole bunch of other gold diamond and ruby encrusted things like the crown of India!!Nice.
Lots of torture and beheadings of royalty (done indoors to stop rioting from supporters) where carried out in various towers all over the grounds. Anyways when i finally headed back to 'home' a thunderstorm passed over and lightning hit a power box at one of the train stations and it took me 3 hours to get back!

Going to see the Lion King musical now so goodnight all.



Ticket says in the orchestra stalls right up the front

6 Comments:

Blogger TheTart said...

I feel like I am there, but I am NOT!

SMooch,
The Tart

Saturday, March 25, 2006  
Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

Hi Kit, your cousin Amanda here, just thought I'd drop in and say hi. Been to the tower of London once myself, cool place.

Sunday, March 26, 2006  
Blogger kitoris said...

Hi guys,
thanks for visiting! I'll try to catchup to the present with my blog soooon and maybe even with some pictures with the sun in them.

Sunday, March 26, 2006  
Blogger Rikki said...

I wanna be seeing all the shows and having the fun :( ˆf you don't buy me a mighty boosh tshirt i'll be disowning you.
can i disown you, or do i have to disown myself from the whole family? I can't see that working.
Tell us how the show went...

Monday, March 27, 2006  
Blogger kitoris said...

The Lion King was relly good, awesome costumes and sound quality and some lighting you wouldn't think was possible. The only thing which i wasn't happy with was when in the movie Timone & Pumba dress in drag and do the Hoola! well in the show they changed it to the Charleston! No No No! but the rst of it was fine.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » » »

Thursday, February 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home