Friday, June 01, 2007

Cowboys & Indians !! Bang, phwack! Argh!.....Dead

As you can probably already guess we had a cowboys and indians dress up party at the hostel last night.

The day started quite early for me with some costume shopping withfellow bartender Josh then a visit to my old work in town to have a bite of lunch and a couple of 2 for 1 cocktails. So with those under my belt and the costume ready to go it was back 'home' to prepare for the party.

Later in the evening most people had come down in their costumes and the drink specials began with the record breaking jager train being the highlight of that genre. The night also consisted of a pin the tail on the donkey competition, a bootscooting scoot-off and the best dressed award. So here are some pictures of the night to clear the images in your heads up a bit....

Firstly here we have our donkey which was drawn by Vlad one of the globetrotter staff


Now I'm a pirate because pirates are the cowboys of the sea and that's a good enough excuse for me. Instead of parrots you can see green dog on my left and red dog on my right, they gave me some wise counsel throughout the night. It's fake blood on my head by the way.


Stu at his crazy best getting shot with his own weapon by myself...I was seeking revenge for having an indian arrow through my head all night


Some of the staff looking good - left to right - Mark (mexican/chef), Miranda (cowgirl/receptionist), Amanda (sherrif/receptionist) and Neil (sherrif/zorro/cowboy/duty manager)

The highlight of the night!! 55 long jager train. Here you can see me preparing the shots and Iain getting all the glasses ready for the train. When completed all the glasses are half full of Go Fast (energy drink) and the shot glasses get balanced inbetween each half pint glass. When everything is in place the first shot glass in the line gets tapped into the first half pint glass and on the way down it hits the next shot glass which hits the next one and so on, so we get a domino effect all the way down the line of 55. I do have a video of this which you will all need to see. I had the pleasure of setting the first glass off on its' way which was quite fun :)


Once all the shots had fallen into the glasses everybody who had bought a ticket or 5 ran up to the bar and skulled all their drinks...these were the days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home